Parsnips With Black-Truffle Butter28 Oct 2013, by Truffle Recipes & Contest in
A great truffle butter recipe for your family.
- 4 pounds parsnips (8 medium), peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cores cut out if woody
- 2 1/2 ounces black-truffle butter (5 tablespoons) at room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- Garnish: chopped fresh chives
Cut parsnips crosswise into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces and cook in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain well, then transfer to a bowl and gently toss with truffle butter, salt, and pepper.
Parsnips can be cut 1 day ahead and kept, submerged in water, chilled.